August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

On a Sunday.....

I have been working hoot shifts for the last couple of weeks. If you're not familiar with shift work, this means that I'm working nights and sleeping days. It really wreaks havoc on your sleep schedule, your body and your life in general. It's exhausting. On Sunday, D had to work and I had to sleep, so Mom was super excited to step in for us! Thanks, Nana! Or in German, danke, Oma! She took Jakob to church with her and Lolo. She said service was especially lively that day and Jakob really enjoyed it! Afterward, they met D for lunch then went by the fire department. She was nice enough to take a pic for me.

Jakob was impressed by the size of the truck! I'm guessing if they don't have big pickups in Germany, they may not have big fire trucks, either.

After lunch, D and Jakob came home, watched some football, built a new target, made dinner and went to the gymnasium to play basketball. I slept. I slept through every bit of it. If I hadn't had to get up to go to work again that night, I probably would've slept straight through until Monday morning. I'm still tired. I think I'll go take a nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment