August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Saturday, September 8, 2012

More terminology

D said that I forgot to include the word "towel" in my examples of how poor my use of the English language is. He and my mother both say "tăl". It's like "tall" with a short a; one syllable. I say "tŏw-el". Two syllables, pronounced the way it reads.

I decided to google it, because like I said, I google everything, to see which one of us was right. Google returned this: tow-el. Hmmm, I see two syllables there, how about you? There was also an audio clip of how it's pronounced. I played the clip and there were distinctly two syllables; "tŏw-el". I said, "There! Did you hear that?" His response, "What? What was that? All I heard was 'rowl.'" LOL

Here's the link to the search results. If the link doesn't work, just type "towel definition" into your google search. Listen to the audio clip and make your own decision about who's right :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment