August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Friday, September 21, 2012

At the end of my driveway

At the end of my driveway.....

are these purdy flowers.

I love the bright yellow in contrast with the chocolate brown centers. Yellow is such a happy color. These flowers have really blossomed around here over the last couple of weeks. There are just rows upon rows of them! Every time I drive by them I have to smile. My Mom says I've always been one to stop and smell the flowers. I could sit and stare at them for hours. Mom could never do that, she has ants in her pants and feels the urge to move at all times. She would look at them and say, "Yep, they're pretty," then be off to conquer something else on her to-do list. Well, she did sit still one time on my back porch and she lost all sense of time and was late getting home. It was a breakthrough moment for her. But, I just love looking at these flowers, checking out all of their intricate designs, watching little bugs fly in and out, the wind pushing them back and forth. I could get lost in the scene all day long. When I feel super stressed from work or whatever other chaos is going on in my life, I like take a minute to let it all go, a minute to get lost in something other than myself, a minute to marvel at the Lord's beautiful and miraculous design all around me. So, today, because I'm your friend, I'm telling you to slow down, take a little break, let it all go and stop to smell the flowers. The dishes can wait a little bit. If you miss that tv show, it'll be okay. If you don't read a chapter of that new best seller, it'll keep until tomorrow. Take a deep breath and unplug for a minute, it'll do your heart and your mind some good! If you don't have any flowers around you, just look at this picture and imagine the warmth of the sun on your face, the breeze blowing, the leaves rustling, the smell of dirt and cow crap in the air and the herd of hungry cows bawling from across the road and I'm sure you'll relax in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment