August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Monday, October 28, 2013

The Tipsy Artist


On Friday night D and I had a rare date, a delayed celebration of our 10th anniversary. I told him I wanted to go to a Tipsy Artist party and since it was for 10 years, after all, he said okay.


We were welcomed by the Tipsy Paint Fairy, Missy. I love her wings. I need a pair of those. The Tipsy Artist is a studio in Guthrie where you replicate a painting by the studio owner, Tiffany. 

Here she is!
 
I have painted walls and trim, but I've never taken an art class or painted a painting in my life! And neither has D, for that matter. So, this was really a step outside of our box. We took our own meal and drinks, as instructed on the website and settled in for a couple of hours of new fun!


This is the painting we were going to replicate, the "Fall in Love Tree". Get it? Fall because it's ..... wait for it ..... fall. And love because of the heart. I really had my doubts about how this would turn out, but the instructions were very easy to follow. We used a template for the heart and a ruler to make a couple of dashes to make the tree trunk, but everything else was free hand. We took a break about halfway through so the background could dry and we walked across the street to Rick's Coffees and had a bite of chocolate. I can control myself at a candy counter and only have one or two bites, but I can't control myself with a bag of chocolate at home!
 
My dude is really looking artistic!
 
I was a little messy and managed to get some paint on me. 

We sat across from each other so that we couldn't see what the other one was doing until the end. 
 
But, I peeked at the backside of his. 
 
And here's his finished product! It totally looks like something he would do! I love his artistic interpretation and I love the "Dr. Seuss" effect he's channeling. It's so whimsical!
 
And here's mine. My tree was really big! 
 
And I love this one! Look at all of the color!
 
And this is Mary. She was celebrating her 29th birthday. I love the blue!
 
And check this one out! Wowza!

I loved all of the different interpretations! This was one of the best dates we've ever had and we will definitely be going back! D was a little hesitant when I first asked him to go, but at the end of the night he said it was a lot of fun and he'd go back anytime. You can find a calendar of events on the Tipsy Artist website http://www.tipsyartist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment