August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cleaning up

Well, I finally cleaned out the workout room. It's been the junk room since at least April and I just continually threw piles upon piles of accumulated baby stuff in there. Plus, there were several boxes of things I inherited from my Grandma that I need to go through again.  

Part of the reason it became a junk room was because we were keeping our spare room clean for when Jakob's family came and Jakob's room would become the nursery after he left. It was easier to just toss stuff in a heap and channel a little Scarlet O'Hara and say, "I'll think about that tomorrow," than to try to find a place to neatly store it all. Considering that Jakob left in May, I really don't have a valid excuse for why the room has remained in such a trashy state other than to say I suddenly developed a Mommy bone and couldn't find the time. I finally had a fire lit under my butt and got busy last night. 

In March or April I bought a Total Gym on one of the Facebook buy/barter/sell group pages and it has sat in an unusable state, surrounded by baby stuff ever since. I got that sucker erected last night and I actually used it! I'm not saying I used it a lot, but I used it. I figure if it's accessible we will be more likely to use it. And in just the few moves that I did, it was very effective. I've missed that burn! And I could feel it in my abs which is really exciting because maybe, just maybe, I can get rid of this kangaroo pouch that I'm carrying around!


It does take up more room than I thought it would, but it folds up. I'm pretty amped up about this thing! The real test now is, will I use it? I have every intention to and it seems like I could easily integrate a few minutes here and there throughout the day. But, if I just do a few minutes at a time instead of one dedicated session, I won't always have on my heart rate monitor to tell me how many calories I'm burning. And that makes my OCD head spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment