August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A thankful heart: day 4

Today I am thankful for a small town life. I have lived in American suburbia and I much prefer the quieter, slower paced lifestyle that living in a rural area offers. This life is not for everyone, but I am much calmer, happier and more peace-filled than I ever was when I lived in town. I enjoy going to church and knowing most of the congregation or running into town for a bite to eat and seeing the people I have known all my life. There's something comforting about the familiarity we all have with each other. I love stepping outside my door and hearing nothing but the wind through the trees and the pump jack as it moves up and down. I love looking out my window and seeing the beautiful open Oklahoma countryside and not row upon row of homes and vehicles. The Lord truly blessed me when He brought me and D back to this town and back to the land I grew up on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment