August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Friday, November 2, 2012

A thankful heart: day 3

Today I am thankful for oversized shirts and for my husband's too-big-for-me shirts; I think I may live in them for the duration of this pregnancy. I have come to the realization that I am one of those pregnant women who is just going to get huge early on and be huge until the end. I am only eight and a half weeks and my clothes are no longer fitting me. I thought I'd gained about 15 pounds and I was terrified to get on the scale at the doctor's office because it's too early for that kind of weight gain. I knew it was Mama weight, not baby weight. So, I was VERY surprised when the scale revealed I'd only gained 3 pounds since the last time I weighed in August. That means that all of this extra-ness is nothing but bloat! And it's awful and quite honestly, it's uncomfortable. I feel full and like I'm starving at the same time. My stomach growls but my muffin top screams, "NO!!" I think I will don some baggy sweatpants to go with my oversized shirts and go eat a bag of Reese's cups now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment