August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012

Easy spaghetti

I love spaghetti. I've been making it for for-ev-or (channeling a little "Sandlot" for ya). But, I hate, get it, I hate sauce from a jar. I have never had any kind of jarred sauce that I thought tasted good at all. Other than the light alfredo from Classico, but that's not spaghetti sauce. I'm talking about red sauce or meat sauce. I have a friend who puts sugar in her spaghetti sauce, which sounds gross and weird and just downright wrong, but it's actually pretty good. I ate it. If you're like me, and you despise the jarred variety, here's a super simple recipe to get your engine running for spaghetti! It's so easy you might slap yourself!
Easy Spaghetti
  • 1 package thin spaghetti
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1 package thick & zesty spaghetti seasoning
  • 1 package italian mushroom spaghetti seasoning

Cook the spaghetti noodles as directed on the package. Brown the ground beef, then drain. I rinse it under hot water, too. I like to get off as much grease as possible; drain well. Throw it back in the pan. Dump in your diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and both packages of seasoning and cook it through. If it's too thick for you, thin it out with one small can of tomato sauce or some water. Add some garlic salt if you've got a hankering for it. Serve it on top of the cooked spaghetti noodles with garlic bread and some parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment