August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Monday, October 29, 2012

Birthday week

Last Tuesday was Jakob's 17th birthday, so we took him to Joseppi's for dinner with Mom, Bill, Uncle Buck and Aunt Lisa. I ate too much, as usual. When we got in the car after dinner I asked D if there was anywhere else that we needed to go before heading home and he said no because he'd just want to spend money. From the back seat, "I want to go spend some money!" Jakob was ready to unload some dough on a Macbook. So, we ventured to Best Buy and hooked the boy up.

On Friday night we went to the football game and froze our butts off. I wore a turtleneck, t-shirt, down coat, earmuffs, gloves, fleece lined boots and a huge doubled up blanket and I still froze. The fan turnout wasn't as good as I've seen it, but I assume the weather had a little bit to do with that. To add insult to injury, we lost. Since this was the "pink out" game, Jakob and one of the teachers had a booth selling breast cancer ribbons and painting pink mustaches on people. D bought a pink ribbon for my cheek and after an hour in the freezing cold it felt super stiff, like I'd drooled on my cheek and it had dried. I stuck it to my bathroom mirror when I got home.

After the game we picked up the birthday cakes for Jakob and Jimmy.

On Saturday we took a group of boys to play paintball in Sapulpa.

Our motley crew:  Keston, Jakob, Devion, D, Brady, Chuck, Dustin, Dale, Jake and Jimmy.

If you've never been to Paintball Adventure Games, I highly recommend that you go. Shawna and I just took pictures and laughed at the boys. We got to wear these lovely yellow masks.


I think one of the things I enjoyed the most about the day was just listening to a group of teenage boys talk and yell at each other as they "attacked". They all had a blast and can't wait to go back. Jakob managed to come home without any welps or injuries, but several of the boys and D all had "wounds".

Don't worry, I kissed all of his boo-boos and made it all better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment