August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ringtones

This morning I woke up at 4:11 am, sweating like a race horse and with a very urgent need to visit the bathroom. I had trouble going back to sleep after that, so I opened up my Nook and finished the last 100 pages of "Catching Fire". AWESOME READ, by the way, if you haven't read it, yet. Yes, I know I'm a little behind the times and most of you probably read it more than a year ago. Forgive me. I downloaded it months ago and just now got around to reading it. Finally, around 7:00 I went back to sleep and woke up again around 7:30. The last thing I remember dreaming was that I was in the office and Jakob's phone was plugged in, which I thought was strange because normally he does that in his bedroom, and then it started ringing. But, what caught me off guard was that the ringtone was the first few guitar strums of "Let's Get Together" from the original Parent Trap movie. I thought, "What boy has that for a ringtone?" Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but it just seems a little girly for a boy's ringtone. I wasn't altogether sure that it was ringing because I've never actually heard his phone ring. I think he keeps it set on silent or stun. Then Diamond shook as she woke up and her massive tail thundered against the wall and woke me up.

That got me to thinking, what do our ringtones say about us? What do mine say about me? Here's a quick rundown of past ringtones that I've had:

"How 'Bout Them Cowgirls" by George Strait
"She's Country" by Jason Aldean
"Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphy
"Sex and the City" theme song
"Dallas" theme song
"Harry Potter" theme song
"Bells Tolling" this is my current ringtone, it's one that came on my phone and I chose it because it sounds like wedding bells

What do all of these songs tell you about me? Or does it matter? Perhaps you're not as judgemental about ringtones as I am? Maybe, my ringtone choice means nothing at all? Maybe, like my husband, you choose a ringtone because it's loud and gets your attention, not because it suits your personality? These are the haunting, daunting, I-need-an-answer-to questions that keep me up at night. Or infilitrate my dreams, anyway.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I set ringtones for the members of my family. Jeff's is ZZ Tops Legs (silly boy likes my legs), Ashlee's is Gretchen Wilson's All Jacked Up (self-explanatory haha), Audrey's is Wynona's Girls with Guitars (she plays the guitar) and Drew's is Foreigner's Juke Box Hero (because he loves Foreigner and he and I play "Name that tune and its artist" all the time.)

    The bad thing about having songs as ringtones is when I walk, I listen to my iPhone playlists, so if someone happens to call at the exact time as a song ends, I'll end up missing the call becaues I think I just think its the next song playing, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's funny! For the longest time, when I would call Rocky, he had my ringtone set as "I'm a bitch" (I forget who sings it). It's not as bad as it sounds. It goes on to say I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint..... :)

    ReplyDelete