August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Friday, October 12, 2012

Picky eaters

I finally cooked something that Jakob didn't like ........... hominy. How can this be? I don't understand. It's so good and good for you! He didn't know what it was and quickly decided that it wasn't for him. I'm going to venture a guess that he probably wouldn't like grits, either. D doesn't like hominy, either. Picky, picky men folk! D ate about three bites and I think jakob had less than that. lol

I will admit that I don't care for plain hominy, but I drain off the liquid and melt cheese over it. And it's yummy! I wanted to make something we don't usually eat and I thought the hominy would be a nice alternative. Needless to say, the girls ate most of it. And they loved it.


Ode to Hominy
Oh, hominy, thou art so yummy,
I like it when you fill up my tummy!

You're big and come in yeller or white,
I eat you up in big ol' bites!

I don't like you plain, but like you with cheese,
My mouth says, "Can I have seconds, please?"

I don't understand why people call you icky,
I think that they're just too darn picky!

No comments:

Post a Comment