August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Monday, February 4, 2013

The lady is armed

On Saturday I took a class so that I can get a permit to legally carry a pistol in my car or in my purse, etc.  The class was all women, with the exception of one man, and we are all trooper's wives or are otherwise associated with law enforcement - I fall into both categories.  I was the only pregnant lady in the gang, but there was one woman who'd just given birth a few weeks ago.

Before we headed to the range the instructor asked if everyone was wearing a belt, only about half of the class raised their hand.  Then he asked how many of the rest of us had on pants that would accommodate a belt.  Again, about half raised their hand.  I, of course, had on maternity pants and there is NO WAY that a belt is going around this belly.  Thankfully, my holster didn't require a belt and it just slips onto my waistband.  However, we had to put an empty magazine in our left front pocket and 50 loose bullets in our right back pocket and then put on the holster with the gun in it.  Mix all of that with elastic pants and you can imagine that I might have a little trouble keeping my pants up.  Before we went to the firing line I said a little prayer that my pants wouldn't fall down and give everyone a pregnant peep show.  Needless to say, after we loaded, chambered and holstered our weapon each time, I had to pull up my pants.  After we fired each set of five rounds and held position, I prayed that my pants would stay up.  After we had to bend over and pick up our empty magazines, I had to pull up my pants.  After we holstered our weapon again, I had to pull up my pants.  As we stood ready at the line with our hands behind our backs, I had to pull up my pants.  But, I managed to not moon any of the instructors.  Happy day!

And through all of that, I managed to only have one bullet that didn't hit my bad guy.  But, he still died.  :)

The bottom group is from a defensive stance; a one-handed shot from the waist.  The head group is from an isosceles stance with a two-handed grip.  I haven't fired a pistol since last summer, so even though this isn't the best groupings I've ever had, I'll take them.  The bad guy died and that's all that matters.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment