August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Near-death experience

This morning I had a near-death experience.

I suddenly began choking - no, I mean like REALLY choking.

I began coughing violently and I literally could not breathe.  I was gasping and gasping for air in between coughs and it felt like there was no air coming in.  I could feel my face turning red and getting hot and with each cough getting more violent than the last, I thought I might hurl.  I grabbed a towel and stepped over to the trash can, continuing to cough and wheeze and pray that this wasn't how I would leave this world.  How embarrassing.  The headline would say, "Woman dies after coughing to death."  I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever been at such a loss for air.  My chest was heaving and I knew that I must be coughing loud enough to wake the devil.  My eyes were watering and every millimeter of my body began to hurt and I thought for sure my body was shutting down.

About that time, I hurled a little into the towel, just as D walked into the room.  I know all of you boys must be jealous of the sexy wife this man has.  He's so lucky.  He asked me what was going on and if I was okay.  I coughed a few more times and managed to shake my head, "Yes", then as I continued to cough a little less violently, I told him how horrific the experience had been.

Then he said, "What did you choke on?"

"Icing," I said as I smiled just a little and he started laughing.

That's the last time I make him cinnamon rolls and lick the icing off the knife!



2 comments: