August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Monday, February 25, 2013

Body pillows


I've been going to the chiropractor for the last two weeks and wow, what a difference!  I was having the worst sharp pains in my glutes and low back.  My doctor thinks it's probably because I have a naturally swayed back, meaning my low back curves in a little more than most.  Aaaaaaand, I have a badonkadonk for a rear and I also have degenerative disk disease, so - swayed back and pain is the norm for me.  The weight of my growing belly is putting pressure on my backside and causing more pain.  I have done stretches and bought a pillow specially made for pregnant women and I just couldn't get any relief.  I couldn't lay on one side of my body for more than about half an hour before I would have searing pain and have to move.  Plus, I've always been a tummy sleeper - I'll fall asleep in seconds if I lay on my tummy - and now I can't do that.  So, the only thing my body wants to do to get relief is to lay on my back, which is now a no-no.  I don't want to crush the vena cava and hurt me or the baby, so I was just suffering through.

Until last week and I just couldn't take it anymore.  I could barely walk and forget about bending over.  What a difference a few treatments has made!  I feel like a normal person!  The electronic muscle stimulation has really helped and today's treatment involved a 1 hour massage - yippee!  As the therapist set up the bed to accommodate me, I oohed and ahhed over her pillow.  Check this puppy out!



It's huge and awesome and I want one!  I've seen this kind of pillow online, but they cost more than I wanted to pay and I really didn't think I would like it.  So, I bought one of these:

Excuse my wrinkled sheets.
 
After using the massage therapist's pillow today, I either need another one of these small pillows or I need one of those mack daddy pillows.  Having the support on the front and the back when I lay on my side was wonderful!  I didn't think I would like it, but it was unbelievable.  I was also afraid that if I didn't sleep on my contoured pillow, I wouldn't have enough support and would end up with a crick in my neck.  I was wrong.  That mack daddy pillow was like Walmart - it had everything I needed.  However, I will say that if you have to move the pillow while you're under the covers, it's a little cumbersome and hard to do.  If you're in the market for one of these pillows, I suggest spending the extra dough and getting the mack daddy.  Or if you can't find one, get two of the smaller pillows and adjust them around your body.  And if you're pregnant and your back hurts and you can't get any relief, get yourself to the chiropractor - I feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment