August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Even the radio gets it wrong

I saw this on my Sirius/XM Radio the other day. 


Whoever is being paid to enter song titles and artists apparently needs a proofreader or a dictionary. For the spelling challenged, it should be "autumn". I'm telling you, these things just have a way of finding me!

And because I can't beat the grammatically correct dead horse enough, here you go:


Haha! I love it when people share these with me! It's so true and still so funny!

On another note, I am conflicted over whether to start the "Month of Thankfulness" this year. I could easily start today and play catch-up because today is only the 4th. But, I am thankful every day, not just during specific seasons or months or days of the week. And I don't like how some people have referred to it as a challenge. I don't think of thankfulness as a challenge, so I don't want to give the impression that I'm doing it just because I was challenged to. However, I also think that a person can define a situation depending on their point of view. So, if I think of it as an endeavor to bring something positive to the lives of others, then it's not really a challenge. Thoughts?

Also, the other day someone said that being thankful and being grateful were not the same thing. I have never heard that before so I looked it up at www.thefreedictionary.com. The words have almost the exact same definition and are synonyms. 

Thankful - adj - 1. Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful. 2. Expressive of gratitude: a thankful smile. 

Grateful - adj - 1. Appreciative of benefits received; thankful. 2. Expressing gratitude. 3. Affording pleasure or comfort; agreeable. 

I checked other sites (just to be sure) and they also showed these two words to have similar definitions and to be synonyms. I wish I could remember who said it because I want to ask them what they meant. I feel like I'm missing something. These are the questions that keep me up at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment