August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Our Christmas tree

I just want to tell you about my Christmas tree before the holiday season is over. 

It's crooked. 

It leans ever so slightly to the right and I'm not sure why. We adjusted the set screws and it still veered off center. So, in an effort to even the crook out we put the star on crooked. It leans to the left, so with our optical illusion the whole thing should look straight, right?


You would think that this would set my OCD off in a New York minute, but it hasn't bothered me. I'm apparently making some real strides in that area.

I like sparkly ornaments and homemade ornaments, so there's a mishmash of ornaments that I made in elementary school, and some that my Grandma Betty made, mixed in with the new and our Hallmark yearlies. D commented the other day that he likes our tree because it's not too crowded or busy, which is why I like it, too. I'd like to have some blinky or chaser multi colored lights, but I'm too lazy to hang them, which is why I have a prelit tree. But, no garland or ribbon or beads for us; not that I don't think those things are pretty, they just don't really reflect who we are as a family. One thing that does reflect who we are, is this ornament. 


It's a picture of our beloved Diamond. I bought two frames several years ago and have always had pictures of the dogs hanging on the tree because they're part of our family. They even had their own stockings that I made. After I got the ornaments on the tree D told me that he was happy to see that I still put Diamond's picture up. She would have had a blast watching Rocco open gifts this year. 

We had a wonderful Christmas with family and I hope that all of you did, too! And on a completely random note, I love, love, love it when I go to someone's house and the toilet paper is on correctly - it rolls off the top! Thank you, Aunt Diana!


No comments:

Post a Comment