August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Messy eggs

I am very particular about my eggs and I wouldn't eat a hard boiled egg to save my life. Okay, maybe I would if it would save my life, but I would hurl afterward. And hurl. And hurl. And hurl. And I don't like dry scrambled eggs, they should be moist but not "wet". And I only like poached eggs on a muffin or biscuit with bacon and hollandaise sauce. And I only like eggs over easy on toast. But, if the eggs are in cakes or cookies or other sweeties, I'm good with that. 

All of that said, here's how I like my scrambled eggs: messy. And here's my messy recipe that will serve two to four people, depending on your appetite:

4-5 eggs
4 Campari tomatoes, chopped
6 slices of deli thin ham or turkey, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 red onion (depending on taste), chopped
2-4 slices of cheese (I use Velveeta), cut into small pieces


Break your eggs into a bowl, then whisk the whites and yolks together and season with salt and pepper. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and pour the eggs in.


Cook the eggs on medium heat, pushing the eggs toward the middle of the pan and scraping them off the sides until they're almost fully cooked. Remove the skillet from the heat and toss in the tomatoes, ham or turkey, and the onion and mix well. 


Return the pan to the heat and let it finish cooking while the veggies and meat heat through. Then toss in the cheese and let it melt as you continue to stir.


Here's what it will look like once it's finished. 


And serve that hot mess up on a plate and eat it with a tall glass of ice cold milk!






No comments:

Post a Comment