August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Toilet paper and spiders

What is it about little things like spiders that make us lose our mind?

A few nights ago, just as I put Rocco in the tub for a bath, I saw a spider floating in the water. Ick. I didn't want to grab it with my bare hand, dead or not, so I looked around at what was handy that I could use. I decided that I would use a wad of toilet paper. Yes, yes I know that water disintegrates toilet paper. But, my thought was, if I grab it really fast, the toilet paper should stay together.

Stop laughing. 

My plan would have worked, except when I grabbed it, that spider came to life! And he started crawling off of the toilet paper (that was still holding its own) and onto my hand. Eek! It's at this point that my faculties left me and all I could think was, "Kill! Kill! Kill!" I tried to smash it with my free hand, but only succeeded in swatting it off of me and into the tub. And now it was crawling up the side of my baby's mesh sling! That's when Mama Bear came out as I tried to save my baby from getting bit by this awful thing. I tried to use the wet toilet paper to grab that dang spider, and that's when the toilet paper disintegrated. But, the best part, had to be the look of shock that I know came over my face. I could feel my mouth gape open and my eyes widen and I remember thinking, "How dare you fail me now!"

Stupid toilet paper. 

In the end, I had to use my bare hand to kill the spider. Then I had to scoop nasty bits of toilet paper out of the water. Ugh. 

1 comment: