August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Some assembly required

I bought this Fisher Price Zen Swing in April and it was unbelievably easy to put together.  I love the colors and that it doesn't look too baby-ish; it looks like it can just fit right in with the decor of a home.  The seat turns so baby can swing side to side or front to back and the seat detaches completely and can be taken to any room where you might be.  The music is decent and it plays nature sounds, too.  However, the one downside I've noticed is that the swing motor is a little louder than I expected and the mobile doesn't turn on its own.  Boo.


This is the Safety 1st playard/bassinet/changing table I bought for our bedroom - I absolutely love this thing but it was a COMPLETE ROYAL PAIN IN THE PATOOTIE TO ASSEMBLE! It took Jakob and I almost two hours to assemble and it was definitely a two person job. First, there were no instructions whatsoever.  ????  (I will add this note, a month after assembling this I found the instructions completely hidden in a pocket on the backside of the mattress.  I discovered the pocket by complete accident.)  And getting some of the pieces to fit together was like getting a 500 pound person to lift their leg behind their head; it just wasn't happening.  Then, we couldn't get two of the sides to lock into position.  Did I mention I was over 8 months pregnant when we were doing this? I was huffing and puffing and sweating and if I hadn't been cussing so much, Jakob probably would have thought I was going to pass out from all of the stress this little contraption was causing me.  As you can see we did finally get it put together and he went off to take a shower and escape the verbal garbage that was still free flowing from my frustrated mouth. I wheeled it over to our bedroom door and guess what?  IT WAS HALF AN INCH TOO WIDE TO FIT THROUGH!  My head spun around about 4 times and I'm sure I looked possessed as I spent the next 10 minutes cursing and yelling and slamming this thing on the ground until finally one of the sides gave way and I was able to get it through the door.  The next day Jakob asked me what all of the noise was about the night before and I had to explain my meltdown.  Shame on me, I know.  I told D after he got home from work that this contraption was never leaving our room.  EVER.  NEVER EVER.  NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.  I couldn't believe how stiff the locks were once you got them into place.  I so wanted to use this when we travel, but unless the Good Lord provides a divine intervention and fixes those locks, I don't see it happening.  However, it works awesomely in our room!  The storage on the side and the changing table are so convenient!  Side note: the music it plays sucks.

1 comment: